Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Wednesday, August 13- "Animal"

 My life began as a small, white shell, and all I could do was grow and change. When I finally realized the world around me, and crawled out of my sandy hole, I was unaware of what my life would be. Small, warm, and safe was my life in the egg in the land of Komodo, now I am running.



 My mother seemed to not know who I am; she sees me as another potential meal in her mind. so I swiftly head to the trees, I cling my small lizard claws to the shady tree, and as I scaled its height, I felt safe again. It was not for too long. As the larger lizard ,who I dare not call my mother anymore, paces around my tree, I began to feel a sensation in my stomach I have never felt. It was my first feeling of hunger.

 I knew that the larger lizard below was trying to eat me, so maybe I would try to eat something that moves and breathes like I do, but the one below just paced around the tree, drooling at my presence, I had to think of something. Just then, a small six legged creature landed on my branch, was it edible? I had to find out.

 I quickly snapped at the thing, it moved its large back legs around as I swallowed it, but I knew it was good to eat, because I felt no pain or poison. I looked around for more of these small creatures, and have found plenty. I guess life will be easier now that I am smarter.

  I am older, much bigger, and stronger than I was on my hatching day. My friends and I are going on a hunt. It will be long, and we need to be patient. I spotted the young of a large plant-eating creature, all by herself. We ran toward it in hope of a meal. As the Alpha, I told my friends to charge in first, to see if her mother was present. She was not. We grappled the youngling and bit at her weak spots near the head, she would be dead in less than a week.

  The young plant-eater was dead sooner than we had thought, we shared our meal equally to ensure our pack's survival. The life of the largest lizard is not easy, but with knowledge of what is around me, I have lived to see another day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment