Monday, October 6, 2014

Monday, October 6 - "Persona Poetry"

I pet the cats, and get a coke,
I go to the office and hope nothing broke.

I work all day, taking breaks only to eat.
The program is fine, The deadline should be beat.
The little black cat is looking out the window,
"Sweet!" I call out, as a storm starts to blow.

Day 4765, I am still here working.
Waiting for my wife to be done with her work too.
The kids are home, I see them coming.
Out in the rain, wearing their school blue.

It's six on the clock, and my work day is closing.
I save the code, and then I sing.
I sing random things, your mother's father's best friend's monkey's squirrel would be disturbed too.

I go to the family room and sit on the couch.
There's a dead guy on the TV, Ouch.


 

1 comment:

  1. With confused look and a racially insulted burrito in hand, I enter this piece by 'Josie E' with an open mind; and yet, eight words into the poem, I begin to regurgitate several pieces of corn and rotten candy from the obvious product placement. If this was not a cry to call from Josie E that she was living in poverty and had to have a company like Coca-Cola step in and pay her to use product placements into this piece, I don't know what is.

    ReplyDelete